Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Provo Tabernacle

I know I totally dropped the ball on this and I really did want to get pictures right after it happened. But with Christmas, our Anniversary, and the snowstorm yesterday, I just couldn't find the time to run up to Provo. I realize that every photographer within about 200 miles has now taken pictures of the destruction the fire left, but I needed to have some myself, so here's what I came up with in my walk around it this morning.

For those who don't know (which is probably no one), early last Friday morning, a fire started in the upper floors of the Provo Tabernacle. Firefighters were called, but it escalated into a four-alarm fire that lasted into Saturday afternoon and destroyed most of the building. Engineers are currently trying to shore up what is left so that an investigation can start. It will take a long time, as there are nine-foot piles of debris in some places inside for contractors and investigators to dig through. I suspect it was electrical, but we should know in a few weeks what the cause was. I am holding out a hope that it will be rebuilt, but after my depressing walk this morning, I could see with my own eyes how little is left.

I have to warn you though: I took and posted entirely too many photos of the building. So I won't be offended if you get too bored to look at all of them.





























Love & Smooches!
Jocelyn

No comments: